We would like to welcome you and your child to the AWANA Club program at First Baptist Church of Fairborn. The name AWANA stands for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed”, from 2 Timothy 2:15 in the Bible. AWANA Clubs International has been “Reaching boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and training them to serve him” for over 50 years.
Our AWANA program provides your child:
- The practical tools they need to help you create the moral and spiritual foundation that is so necessary for them to have a rewarding life.
- A program that is based on the Bible and the timeless truths found there.
- A special place for your children to make new friends
- A time to play exciting games
- The opportunity to compete in rewarding and challenging contests
- The opportunity to earn and receive awards for scripture memorization and other achievements
- Opportunities to learn and memorize God’s Word, the Bible.
Today’s children are faced with more difficult decisions than ever before, and the AWANA program seeks to establish them on a firm, Biblical foundation which will provide direction for their daily lives. Each clubber is very special to us and to God. Your assistance as parents is very important to your children so that they may get the most out of AWANA.
You can help your children by:
- Encouraging them to come each week, by helping them to memorize at least two sections per week (to finish their book by the end of the year) in their handbook
- Showing excitement over their achievements, and by communicating any special needs to us.
- Spending about 5 minutes each morning and evening with your child reading or reviewing “sections” for the greatest retention. Doing it together shows them that you care for them and that you care about what’s important to them.
- You will also find the AWANA material useful for an expanded time of family devotions at home where you can discuss God’s Word and issues that children are confronted with day to day.
Thank you for allowing your child to attend our club and allowing us the opportunity to minister to them. If you have any questions or special concerns, please contact us. We welcome you to visit our club meetings at any time. Our desire is that your child will come to know, love, and serve the Lord Jesus Christ and that they will have a wonderful, growing experience that they will remember for a lifetime!
FAQ's for AWANA:
Q: When should my child arrive?
A: Our church doors open at 4:45 on Sunday evening.
Q: How much does registration cost?
A: $20 per child, but not to exceed $40 per family. If this is a struggle for family, please come and talk with our AWANA registration team (Enter through Door #1, main doors). We will be happy to work with you. Registration covers the child’s book and uniform.
Q: How much do dues cost?
A: $15 per year per child, or 50 cents per week per child. Dues cover any expenses beyond the cost of registration.
Q: What does a typical night in AWANA look like?
A: First, each child registers himself or herself for the night. Then they will go to the fellowship hall, where they will gather with their own age groups (Cubbies, Sparks, T&T). We say our pledges and pray. Every child eats a meal provided by the church between 5-5:30pm. From 5:30-6:50pm, the children will enter into a rotation of activities that include Large Group Lesson Time, Recreation, and Small Group Bible Study. At 6:50, the children assemble once again in the fellowship hall, where we sing the AWANA song and pray. Children are dismissed to vans and parents at 7pm.
Q: What age group will my child be in?
A: Cubbies are potty trained, 3 years old to kindergarten. Sparks are kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade. T&T (Truth & Training) are 3rd grade through 6th grade.
Q: What is the dress code?
A: Every child is required to wear close-toed and close-heeled shoes that attach to the feet. Additionally, they should wear attire that is appropriate both for weather and for play. Girls are asked to wear leggings or shorts under dresses and skirts. If you have any questions, please talk to one of our leaders.
Q: Is transportation available?
A: We provide a van service for children who are potty-trained, ages 4 years old and up. Please call the church office for this service.