We would like to welcome you and your child to the AWANA Club program at First Baptist Church of Fairborn. The name AWANA stands for “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed”, from 2 Timothy 2:15 in the Bible. AWANA Clubs International has been “Reaching boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and training them to serve him” for over 50 years.
Our AWANA program provides your child:
- The practical tools they need to help you create the moral and spiritual foundation that is so necessary for them to have a rewarding life.
- A program that is based on the Bible and the timeless truths found there.
- A special place for your children to make new friends
- A time to play exciting games
- The opportunity to compete in rewarding and challenging contests
- The opportunity to earn and receive awards for scripture memorization and other achievements
- Opportunities to learn and memorize God’s Word, the Bible.
Today’s children are faced with more difficult decisions than ever before, and the AWANA program seeks to establish them on a firm, Biblical foundation which will provide direction for their daily lives. Each clubber is very special to us and to God. Your assistance as parents is very important to your children so that they may get the most out of AWANA.
You can help your children by:
- Encouraging them to come each week, by helping them to memorize at least two sections per week (to finish their book by the end of the year) in their handbook
- Showing excitement over their achievements, and by communicating any special needs to us.
- Spending about 5 minutes each morning and evening with your child reading or reviewing “sections” for the greatest retention. Doing it together shows them that you care for them and that you care about what’s important to them.
- You will also find the AWANA material useful for an expanded time of family devotions at home where you can discuss God’s Word and issues that children are confronted with day to day.
Thank you for allowing your child to attend our club and allowing us the opportunity to minister to them. If you have any questions or special concerns, please contact us. We welcome you to visit our club meetings at any time. Our desire is that your child will come to know, love, and serve the Lord Jesus Christ and that they will have a wonderful, growing experience that they will remember for a lifetime!